Monday, August 14, 2006

Progress till date

My treatment is going well till date. Not without its ups and downs (still on the emotional roller coaster - but I am focusing on His promises and not how I feel). I began my daily injections on Tuesday, August 8th. The injections are not too painful, it is kinda wired injecting oneself. Oh well.

So over the weekend I got discouraged, for no real reason per say, but I was down on the dumps. And I began to google the success rate for IVF treatment with women who are going through menopause or one who has a high fsh. I mean it was like someone punched me in the tummy. Most of the articles I read said it was a waste of time to even bother with treatment - basically there was no hope and the ovaries will not respond to stimulation. So I had that hanging over me and getting discouraged. And God ministered to me over the weekend about my self pity and doubt - more on that later.

So anyway I went into my first doctors appointment today since beginning treatment, I prayed and as I usually do, I actively practice leaving all my fears and concerns at the feet of Jesus. So I go in for my ultra sound to find out if I am responding to the injections. The lady starts looking and of course I can't help but ask; "how many follicles do you see?" "Well I see only one, but gimmie a minute" My heart dropped and I prayed Lord your will be done, was disappointed. So I am laying there and she keeps typing and moving the ultrasound wand around. At the end of it all, she counts 13.

Wow, 13. My nurse was very surprised. My doctor had thought, given my prognosis, I would only have maybe 5 or 6 follicles. Well the number was doubled. Needless to say I was ecstatic. One would have thought I was already pregnant.

I needed to share that. And heaven only knows what the outcome of this would be. I hope to have a baby. But whatever it maybe I will give God all glory because he deserves it no matter the outcome. I will share more on His faithfulness to me over the weekend, in the days to come.

God bless - He came that we my have life and have it more abundantly John 10: 10.

No comments: