Wednesday, August 23, 2006

2 Week Wait - Day 1 - My Friend's Dream

To while away my 2 week I am going to blog about random thoughts. This however is not too random, it is a dream a friend of mine had that was really Erie.

On Saturday after my egg retrieval, my good friend (whom I will call AR), calls too check in on me and then tells me about her dream. The dream: We are both in a doctors office and she is sitting behind me and sees all I see, but I can't see her - as she is behind me. And after a,while of waiting I hear singing and tell AR to stop singing. I am not singing she responds. And then one more time I hear singing (pls keep in mind this is a dream) and I tell her again to stop singing and then suddenly a flash of light goes across the room and female angel appears.

Well I thought the dream was cute. It was very encouraging and I was thankful for it. I am not big on angels, nothing against them but my focus has always been on Jesus, so I don't focus on the wrong things.

So that is the dream. Monday I get a call from my nurse letting me know that my transfer is for Tuesday. My husband was not available so I was planning on going on my own. So AR and I touch base on Monday night and she offers to come along.

As it turns we get into the transfer room and she ends up sitting behind me and sees everything I see the ultrasound screen, the nurse - she has a great view of the whole room, but I do not see her. Like that is not Erie enough. They turn the lights off and my doctor puts a hat with a white light - like a miners hat with the light - and at one point he swings around in his chair and a quick flash of light goes across the room. White light. I am like that is the angel she saw. The only thing missing was the music/singing

Now keep in mind when she had this dream she had no idea she was coming with me. In fact the decision to come into the room with me was made in the waiting room as I waited my turn. What does this mean? I believe God did send an angel to be with me in that room, and every time I think about it I am thankful. AR by the way gets chicken skin when we talk about it. As women you know we have talked about it quite a bit.

No comments: