Friday, July 21, 2006

Pity Party

I think almost everyone I know is pregnant... no kidding and although I am genuinely happy for them. I can't help feeling I wish it were me.

I had a mini pity party today. I despise pity parties, I really do. I hate to wallow in my woes. My goodness ok, I know I am healthy (apart from the menopause thing, which is not really an illness), yeah my husband loves me and I completely adore him (I have to pinch myself sometimes, can't believe I married him) but woe is me I only have one baby and I want more. How ungrateful can I be? There is so much to be thankful for........

When I get into one of my "woe is me" phases, all I do is switch on CNN and I am cured. Yeah, there are things in my life that are not perfect, things I would like to change, but then again there is so much that is so right and priceless.

I am thankful to God for giving me the grace to see beyond my problems and learn to appreciate and enjoy all that I have now. It truly is only by His grace. Cause all I have is now. Today.

Count your blessings name them one by one, count your blessings see what God has done. Count your blessings, name them one by one. And it will surprise you what the Lord has done.
  1. I woke up this morning with a sound mind (then my son walked in and out that went)
  2. I cooked up a great meal - I could afford to buy all I wanted
  3. I love my house. It is beautiful. Just enough for me
  4. My husband still thinks I am sexy. Tres Important
  5. I am very healthy - Was able to run a couple of miles this morning
  6. I love what I do
  7. 7. 8. ............................100.
I think when we all stand before the judgment seat of God, it is the things that we are not aware of that will blow us away. How He saved us from so much harm, How He carried us when we felt we could not go on............ those are the things that will surprise us. How much He loves us and longs to be near us. Those are the things that will simply stated blow our minds. How He loves us. I want to know that love, this side of heaven. what about you?

No comments: