Sunday, October 01, 2006

Past Fears

It was at 8 weeks I had my last miscarriage so if anyone out there is praying for me, please pray for me to overcome my fears of it happening again. I am at the 8 week mark and I am afraid of history repeating. I hope it won't, I pray it would not. I believe it would not. In my quite time last week I asked God how do I exercise faith in the mist of past bad experiences. It happened then? I would let you guys know what answer I get. God is faithful to always respond, be it in a sermon, or in a reading. Thanks folks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope your fears are unfounded.

I've had several pregnancy losses, and I know how very, very hard it can be to fully embrace a pregnancy after a loss, since you're all too aware that pregnancy doesn't always equal baby.

What really helped me was to focus on the thought that right NOW I am pregnant. I may not be in the future, but for NOW I am and I'm going to concentrate on that. We can't shape what's to come. It would be a shape to lose what should be a joyous time in your life to constant worry.

Remember -- NBHHY (nothing bad has happened yet). And I hope for you that it continues to stay that way. :-)

Mary said...

Thank you. I hope my fears are unfounded as well. I am being cautiously optimistic.