Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Daily Trusting

The longer I live and the more I know, the less I understand. Some days I find myself not getting it, not understanding why some things happen. I got a call from a friend today who is expecting her baby tomorrow; her brother-in-law passed away on Sunday as his family waited for him to come home for Easter dinner.

So at a time when they should be expectant and excited they are mourning. He would have turned 40 in May. This same family lost their father last September. A horrible loss in the course of a year.

As I have mentioned earlier I believe doubt and fear arise from not trusting God. I learning to trust God's sovereignty. I am learning to trust Him with the little things and the big things. Trust Him that not being able to have another child is for His glory, trusting Him that my daily doldrums will give Him glory. Trusting Him that one day all this will be over and more importantly I will be with Him in paradise where there will be no more tears, no more pain. No more tears - can't wait

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

1 comment:

Much Ado said...

I love this verse! Trusting in God's sovereignty is the key, you are so right.