Saturday, November 18, 2006

This Christmas

As Christmas approaches, I find that I get caught up in the gift giving and meal planning. One has to make a conscious effort to keep in mind what happened on that day 2000 years ago. Jesus my savior was born; born to die for every selfish thought, mean word, and, prideful act to name a few I commit. It is more than a day off, it is a day that cut time in half, and changed the world forever. God came to us, it is mind boggling.

This year however, I would like to approach Christmas differently by focusing His life. As a Christian I often focus on his teaching and attempt to live as He lived. This year I would like to focus on how life was for Jesus. Wonder what He did on His 17th birthday, Did He like apples or grapes? And although I may not get answers this side of heaven, I believe meditating on these things would humanize Him more for me. And help me even appreciate His birth for two reasons. One that God as awesome as He is would come into this world as a man (with all our limitations) for me, and secondly that Jesus fully human would choose to lay down His life for me before while I was still a sinner. Just a thought

No comments: